Thursday, March 12, 2009

An update of the piece I posted yesterday. I digg the idea of a "rising out of the rubbish" sort of theme, which was my inspiration. I also have really been enjoying drawing on top of cutouts I have created. I am not sure I am going to stick with the black lines, but that's all I can do for tonight.


While in the boonies, I watched a lot of television. Almost an embarrassing amount I'd say, considering what I was surrounded by (trees! I love those things!). I won't go into detail about how much I enjoyed Cops, but I did manage to catch a little bit of I Dream of Jeannie. I used to watch A LOT of Nick at Nite when I was younger, which aired an ample amount of the sitcom. Rewatching the show reminded me of what a great intro it has - great shape design to the Jeannie character and the genie bottle. It reminded me some of Mary Blair. It is no wonder that I am drawn to work like this in my adulthood. I grew up on watching old shows from the 60's and 70's. My childhood nostalgia helps to inspire my art-making.

No comments: