Sunday, February 22, 2009

More progress


More progress. From what I posted yesterday. I don't really like tedious things, but for some reason I find it very cathartic to make things like these.


As I have mentioned in my blog before, I do a collaboration with Stephanie Leung that involves stamps, paper, paint, among other things. Steph lives in Oakland, on the other side of the country. A collaboration begins with one of us creating a piece of work (so far using collage) and then sends it in the mail to the other. The other person then works on top/with/in response to what the other one did and mails it back. We stop when we feel like the piece is complete. The one went through a lot of stages, but I like it. It's a dialouge between the both of us.

Steph sends the best mail. All of her packaging is so thoughtful and well considered! She recently decorated a Munny that I had and didn't like how it looked. I'll post a picture of what she did. It was great!

2 comments:

sneph said...

whoopie whoopie!!

dang, that piece is hellza dark.

i forgot.

can i get a high res from you??

gracias mi amor!

sneph said...

when i look at the pieces all alone like that...

it looks like fried chicken pieces- all segmented.