Thursday, February 7, 2008

work in progress

This is from my thesis, which is about doing a few short stories from the book Girl in the Flammable Skirt by Aimee Bender. I really enjoy the book, and they are extremely vivid and somewhat surreal, which I think will give me great freedom for the second half of my thesis. The first story is about a woman whose boyfriend "devolves" in to a salamander. This piece refers to the line in the story "a sea of me", and is just a work in progress, especially after I talked to my thesis advisor about the direction of the illustration. Probably going to push the water (aka "sea of me) more than anything, and get rid of the dish. But I thought the sea was kinda cool.

1 comment:

sneph said...

eeehp! i like the dish, but maybe it does get in the way of the sea of me?
very excited for your new work, jigga.

i had been thinking about how the exploration and use of textures by illustrators really makes their work stellar.
such as yours.

bye bye,now