Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oh life and your colourful suprises

For my last semester of senior thesis (it seems weird to write that), my department decided to buy everyone a small Moleskin (the best sketchbook you can buy, IMO). They had each student choose one word, preferably a noun. We were then instructed to illustrate our word and bring the sketchbook in this coming Thursday. We're going to trade sketchbooks, and someone else will illustrate our words. The next week we will switch again. At the end of the semester, we get our books back and have 15 small sketches, all based around our original word. I chose the word "mechanism". I did a double page spread, but I HATE the other page of my illustration, so here's half of the illustration that I did actually like.























Laurie Rosenwald came and spoke to our class last week (which was a great surprise!), so consequently, I've been looking at her work quite a bit.

1 comment:

sneph said...

you signed it!!! nice.

HEY HEY...the cardboard as the hair. Did I see the beginnings of your interest in that material when we made one of those colab pieces?

Anyhow I'm happy when you update and I like the girl's neck- how the head and neck become a continuous curve.